Pages

HL Jeans Co

Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Selection of Prom Dresses from Lipsy

We're definitely in Spring now, and it's time for Prom... This year I'm loving short dresses, I think long dresses are nice but short ones just have an overall funner element to them... And right now Lipsy London have some gorgeous dresses. 

I've gone through all the dresses on the Lipsy website and nailed my favourites down for you- a bit like editor's picks, except I'm the editor, researcher, personal assistant to myself, manager...

I'm loving shoulder-work at the moment (well, I always have) and this little cream number is gorgeous, it's simple but the shoulders give it more edge.





Similar to the one above, this dress is very clean cut but definitely has the wow-factor. Off the shoulder dresses/tops are huge at the moment, & the way the material flows down gives the whole dress a very ladylike image.





I love this dress. It's fun and quirky, it's quite revealing so make sure you have the figure to pull it off.  The way the dress starts quite low down enables you to have some more fun with your hair and experiment with some down-styles instead of having the classic up-do.




Part of the new collection, I love the colour as it's subtle and classy, the detailed waist is perfect for more 'boyyish' shaped bodies as it creates a much more curvy illusion.




This dress holds a huge element of sex appeal and teamed with metallic accessories like above makes it even more powerful. Once again, off the shoulder dresses are massive and the ruched element really excites things up a bit.




Simple & classy, the one sleeve hots things up a bit and looks great with gold accessories and a fierce tan.




This is similar to the dress above, and I love a little black dress at a prom, so classy, but it's got a lot more detail and is much more 3D, steer clear if you're a bit busty, it could look like you're bursting at the seams, opt for something a bit more subtle with less detail around the boobs. Less is more and you don't need to team this with a mass of jewellry, keep it classy.




No comments:

Post a Comment