Pages

HL Jeans Co

Sunday, March 20, 2011

KATE WINSLET, LANCOME LIPSTICK AD...F.A.K.E

So the new advertising campaign for Lancome lipstick has been released with the one and only Kate Winslet to be the face of the new campaign, but something appears to be a little wrong...

It seems that the posters used for the campaign as just about as fake as that miraculous tan I got in February.. very fake. I'm personally not a huge fan of the whole air-brushing craze and do think that a more natural look looks better and is obviously more realistic, but, we the public are faced with a daily battle of opening up magazines, reading online and passing billboards with the numerous celebrities all with faces of waxworks. No amount of Botox, no amount of surgery and no amount of money can result in a complexion so flawless, yet we still yearn for this 'youthful image standard' set my the majority of models and celebrities in this day & age.

What's even worse is when these celebrities preach to the public on how they don't agree with air-brushing and refuse be air-brushed in shoots. For example, take Kate Winslet, the promoter in this case, stated this no more than two years ago...

'I will particularly say when I look at movie posters, “You guys have airbrushed my forehead. Please can you change it back?”’ 

Clearly this quote does not apply to the most recent posters of Kate modeling for Lancome..




I personally find these photos ridiculous and when compared to her real complexion... the whole thing is laughable.



Kate has even admitted herself, 

"I have wrinkles and they are very evident"

...so why protest against the use of air-brushing in magazines and willingly go along with this?
Of course, a gigantic spot slap bang in the middle of someone's forehead you can understand, I admit, the re-touch tool on iPhoto is probably my most used icon on my laptop, but for realistic enhances, ones that don't make me look like a plastic bag.

Don't be drawn into these products just because the model has a flawless skin tone, even some mascara adverts use fake eye-lashes as if they are natural ones, it's ridiculous!

Anyone keen on sharing their thoughts on the whole air-brushing scandal constantly circulating around the media these days? Feel free to leave a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment