Pages

HL Jeans Co

Sunday, February 20, 2011

We'll blink & it'll be August...

And yes, it will be THAT time again. Festival season. Reading, V, T in the Park, Underage and many more. I've never been to a festival before, and until I have the privilege of going VIP & staying in a nearby hotel, I don't intend on either. Don't get me wrong it looks great but trying to sleep in a tent practically swimming in a mix of vomit and mud isn't my idea of 300 quid well spent. 

What get's me about festivals is that although everyone says 'Yeah I don't give a shit about what I look like, I don't put any effort into what I wear...' blahhh blah blah, it's quite clear to see that you've taken extreme measures to master that festival look, which is great! Festival looks are amongst my favourite and tempt me to go & just gawp at what people wear! I've collected a few of my favourite and couple of the worst looks over the last few years, worn by celebs at festivals. 

1) Fearne Cotton
I'm loving this little sweet and sour image that Fearne holds in most of her outfits. This one especially, consisting of a pretty dress and contrasting dark jacket and boots. It looks comfy and the sunnies are a great classic accessory. There's not an outburst of colour but no-one would blend in in such an outfit. Like!!!

2) Florence Welch
As a huge fan of Florence & the Machine, I couldn't resist posting Florence Welch work this vintage/retro outfit. The neutral colours blend well together and the open-toe shoes and socks combo really work, which as you'll know is big at the moment. These weird shaped bags were a big deal last summer and I think they're cute, it makes everything a little more quirky and fun. Flo goes against Fearne's classic Ray Bans sunnies option and opts for a quirky John Lennon- inspired pair. A definite win for me!

3) Coleen McCloughlin
One of my favourite Wag's does me proud on what looks like a slightly more over-cast festival day. I love the outfit on the left for it's simplicity yet things get spiced up with a nice scarf, over on the right things get  bit more interesting, maybe a little too interesting as the top and fur gilet she wore at V Festival maybe hold a little too much enthusiasm to be worn together. I'll say it again, LESS IS MORE. The gorgeous classic Chanel small size is a classic and works perfectly, Hunter Wellies are bloody expensive but last you years and are have been big the last couple of years. You go Mrs Rooney!

4) Kelly Osbourne
OK Kelly, the outfit's cute but just STOP trying to be Madonna. We've already had a piss-poor version of 'Papa Don't Preach' & my papa would be preachin' if I tried to dress like that. It's just been done too much and is getting boring, BE ORIGINAL.

4) Lily Allen
Oh.Dear.
Oh dear indeed. See through dress, matching undies and a beer? Ccccclassy. Well we all know Miss Allen isn't famous for her ladylike qualities and I guess that's why I like her, but please, it's a bit too much don't you think? She seems confident wearing that, (I think she'd be the only one who would be) so we'll let Lil get on with it.

I've done it again & written far too much but I just get too excited! Hope you liked it...




No comments:

Post a Comment