Pages

HL Jeans Co

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Marc Jacobs- Ready To Wear- NY Fashion Week, AW11/12

BACK TO THE FUTURE?

So I've been scanning through Vogue.com picking out a few of my favourite shows from New York Fashion Week for Autumn/Winter 11/12, and one show that I LOVED was Marc Jacobs. 

The whole show held a kind of... futuristic vintage image... if that's such a thing? Classic and traditional cuts were used with shiny, more sci-fi materials which spiced things up a bit. A few of my favourite outfits...








As you can see from the last image (above) a lot of the outfits held a 'Victorian with edge' look, which I loved. POLKA DOTS were everywhere! Something to deffo watch out for this year, and once again on the catwalk, collars are huge and the more detail the better!! 

I've said it before on here, let length say it all, especially this year. Gone are the mini skirts (thank god) and in are the classy, sophisticated, knee length and below skirts/dresses, and honey I am welcoming them with OPEN ARMS. You do not need a short skirt to feel sexy, if anything, I think that a longer length only makes you lot hotter, elongating you fierce figure and hiding the worst parts! I always say,
(and i'm going to underline this just to be dramatic...)

Dress for your size, age & height... and you'll be fine.

Take my words and eat them, smother yourself in them, absorb them, do what you must to get this through to you.

Love you all 



No comments:

Post a Comment