Pages

HL Jeans Co

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

POWERFUL LADIES

Barack Obama, David Cameron & Prince William all have extremely important jobs to do and a good, clean image is everything, and it now looks as if their wives (or wives to be in Prince Will's case...) are jumping on the bandwagon. Good for them! Cherie Blair wasn't really the best ambassador for fashion now was she... I think it's great how these women are starting to become huge style icons, and it's good for the younger generations to have a style icon to look up to as well as a role model.

Here are a few of my favourite looks from my top 3 'Powerful Ladies'...

1) Michelle Obama
I adore this look. The colour is fabulous and her make-up completes the look. You can tell this shoot was done for Vogue, it's so classy yet it still holds an edgy look, which is rare for a First Lady to do... THUMBS UP MICHELLE <3

I know this dress sparked controversay throughout the United States as it's an Alexander McQueen design & she wore it to a US event, but me being British of course it doesn't bother me! I love her more for it, and this the flaming red/orange colour is FIERCE.

2) Samantha Cameron
Looking effortlessly chic with the PM himself, Samantha Cameron works this khaki blazer teamed with a plain white tee and jeans. I love this look as it's so casual yet not sloppy at all. As much as I don't agree on some of the Conservative values this outfit definitely wins my vote!

This was the first time Samantha Cameron was seen in public after the birth of her son, and she looks fabulous at the Lanvin launch in Mayfair sporting the leopard print craze that soared through the UK last year.

3) Kate Middleton
I LOVE everything about this dress. It's not huge or attention seeking, it's subtle and extremely feminine. It suits her slender figure down to a tee and I love the detail just below the bust. GORGEOUS.
As our future Queen of England, it's important for young Kate to master the 'Country' look which is oh-so important in the monarchy! Accessorising with a large dark brown belt which stands out from the more neutral colours of the skirt and shirt. Riding boots are big at the moment and she poses with them effortlessly. It's clear to see Kate has clearly mastered this look with ease.

These are just a selection of my favourite outfits of these women remember, I could go on for hours and find thousands of gorgeous outfits but I think these pictures give a good indication on their style. 
CX


2 comments: