Pages

HL Jeans Co

Sunday, February 6, 2011

HAVE NO FEAR, KOMA IS HERE

Exciting news is upon us as Topshop have now revealed the new Koma collection, designed by the Central St Martins graduate, David Koma.

"Topshop signifies youth and modernity and its spirit evokes 'cool London,'"
...
"It was really exciting to work with the Topshop team as I felt they understood me as a designer and appreciated my need to make a high quality product without compromising the design aesthetic, quality of fabric or finishing. They helped make my vision a reality and I'm thrilled with the result."

The collection is scarce, with just 5 designs and only 30 of each piece available! So that's only 150 pieces of Koma for Topshop WORLDWIDE. You're gonna be tres lucky to get your hands on one of these designs because if I say so myself they are STUNNING. 

Premium fabrics have been used and they have incorporated Komas's use of signature shapes and metalwork within the collection. Koma is definitely one to watch out for, his designs have already been worn by the likes of Cheryl Cole & Beyonce.

Some pieces of the collection here...

I love this LBD, the metalwork gives it real edge and transforms it into a 'classic chic yet rock'n'roll' look...

The back of the dress above is just as good, if not better. This scooped open back is thrilling and once again the metalwork completes the look.

Rather risky but rather gorgeous, the front of this dress is similar to the back of the other. Good luck sorting out your bras with this one girls.

As much as I am a huge fan of all the collections for Topshop, I can't help but feel left out when it comes to Topman. Come on Arcadia, lighten things up a bit and give us lads some excitement, Topshop has had Kate Moss for the last 5 odd years (shocking as most of the designs have been), but right now Topman isn't really cutting the mustard for me!

CX



No comments:

Post a Comment