Pages

HL Jeans Co

Monday, May 2, 2011

ROYAL WEDDING- 29/4/11

It seems the whole world was completely geared up for possibly one of the biggest events of the decade, the Royal Wedding of the future heir to the throne Prince William and is wife Kate Middleton. 

Did it live up to your expectations? 

My answer? YES YES YES!!!

The whole affair was absolutely stunning, Kate looked breathtaking as she walked down the aisle, Will looked the typical Prince Charming, draped in red, everything was perfect. Of course, with hits, there always comes misses, it's clear to see Princess Beatrice & Eugenie attracted mass attention due to their stunning outfits... err not. 

Let's start at the top... 









I don't actually think I've heard one person say they didn't like Kate's dress for the day, it was absolutely stunning, I did have my suspicions that she may be wearing McQueen for the big day, but I think that was just what I was praying for as a huge fan of McQueen. Sarah Burton did an amazing job and i'm sure her career has really boomed since this event, she looked comfortable, elegant and striking in this masterpiece. It was nothing over the top, just simple. Perfect. 

My one criticism... maybe her tiara could have been a TINY bit higher on her head as to me it did look a little like it'd been stuck on, a little lift might have excited things up a bit for me, but that's just me being picky.


Also wearing Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, Kate's sister Pippa Middleton looked glowing in her simplistic floor length white gown. Her hair was gorgeous and she certainly held elegance and beauty on the big day. I'm not sure whether she just has a natural darker skin tone that sister Kate, but I've got a feeling she'd been hitting the sunbeds in the weeks approaching the big day in order to get that healthy glow, but maybe that's just the contrast between her and her sister's angelic complexion! 

Like I said above, with hits, always come misses... 


I feel sorry for the poor deer massacared in order to supply Beatrice with that monstrosity of a fascinator, what was she thinking? The big pick for the big day when it came to hats & fascinators seemed to be Phillip Treacy, who designed a huge number of hats worn by guests... it's different I'll give him that. Eugenie.. I'll let you off as the dress is Vivienne Westwood, whom is AMAZING, but I just don't think it's suitable for an event like this.  


THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO, with Tara Palmer Tomkinson. It was far too matchy matchy for my liking, gloves, hat, dress, clutch, shoes... she was most probably wearing a blue thong underneath as well... brave, but she didn't pull it out of the bag this time for me.


There was much speculation as to what Victoria Beckham would wear to the Royal Wedding... I was a bit disappointed and sensed a lack of effort in her outfit! It was all too stern, but she could be thinking anything at 8/9 months pregnant. David, as usual looked REEM. But yes, I can see where the comments about Posh being 'dressed more for a funeral' are coming from. It wasn't a disaster, but it certainly wasn't a victory.


Last but certainly not least, the apple of my eye, the sweetest woman to grace this earth, Camilla Parker Bowls. I joke. Queen Elizabeth looked so cute on the big day, comments of her looking like a banana did make me smile but I thought she looked amazing, and so well for her age. In a hat designed by Angela Kelly, she certainly stood out... well she always would being the Queen of England but you get my drift. Camilla looked good too, very elegant and effortless, also wearing a hat by Phillip Treacy. He must have made a mint over the past few months! 

Apologies for not blogging sooner, from now on it'll be daily posts. 
Hope you enjoyed it, Mwaaaaah X

CX






No comments:

Post a Comment